Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm back!

OK, a huge apology to everyone who reads my blog. I know, I’ve been gone for about 2 months now, and I’m sorry that I didn’t even say a peep. But I truly appreciate all the e-mails and letters of concern that you all sent me. Thank you all my bloggeratis!! I missed you all!!!

Well, what happened?

In a nutshell, my life changed. Shifted would a better word. Some good things happened and some bad things happened.

Well, remember how bad my depression got in early and mid 2006? You’ve got to recall; that was all I was talking about! So, first the good news, that darn depression has finally lifted!! On a scale of 1 to 10; a 1 being totally depressed and a 10 being super happy, I think I’ve moved from a 2 to say about a 6 or 7 now! That is not a bad improvement according to my doctor. The combo of Bupropion HCl and Escitalopram Oxalate is what I think saved my life. Plus talk therapy and support from friends and all you guys. Every morning when I wake up, I don’t just want to die anymore.

Now for the bad news. The depression affected work. At the end of 2006, I got a piss poor performance review and almost got fired. They said, Kenny, there is nothing technically wrong with you, but your character needs some improvement. You have no energy, you come in late, you have no enthusiasm, you lost your spark, you can’t concentrate, you can’t prioritize, you can’t blah blah blah. I think you all get the picture.

Wake up call. I almost lost my job! So since I’m mentally better now, I’m trying hard to kick ass. I come in early and leave late. I work at home when I can and do everything to show improvement. I read self help books, time management books and all that.

But now I don’t have time to knit. :( All I can get is maybe a row in at lunch, a row in before bed and that’s about it. I miss knitting soooo much!

Well, there you have it. The story of my life now. But I still want to keep my blog and whatever little knitting that I do. So, don’t worry, The Boy Who Knits has NOT left the building!

Oh, and there was a minor set back to. It’s a sad but strange and funny story at the same time. I met someone and had this HUGE crush. So, the night before Valentine’s, I told this person how I felt and ask for a date on Valentine’s day itself. To make a long story short, I got a rejection from this person because I wasn’t “Asian” enough.

WTF?!?!? Now that’s a new one, isn’t it? I don’t want to get into the details, but it was a set back and I was worried that my depression would come back. But I prevailed. Phew!

Anyways.

So, no knitting pictures in this post. Sorry. But I promise you that I will have some in the next one, whenever that will be.

I ripped out part of my sampler stole which is Hazel Carter’s super complicated garter stitch lace without a life line and got the needle back in perfectly. And I want to show you all how I did it.

But next time.

Love ya’ll!!!